Water and Development Alliance (WADA)
The Water and Development Alliance (WADA) partners with companies, communities, and governments to address challenges and harness opportunities connected to water.
WADA’s enterprise-driven approach brings together business capabilities of the Coca-Cola system with USAID’s premier development expertise to create solutions that help develop thriving communities, grow stable economies, and strengthen resilient environments around the world.
USAID is the world's premier international development agency and a catalytic actor driving development results. For more than 40 years, USAID has worked closely with governments, communities, and water sector experts to improve water supply and sanitation service delivery while supporting community-led sustainable management of water resources in developing countries.
Coca-Cola is the world’s leading total beverage company with operations in over 200 countries. Together with its bottling partners, Coca-Cola is committed to responsible water stewardship, community prosperity, and the empowerment of individuals across their global areas of operation. Through targeted investments and the deployment of its technical expertise, Coca-Cola creates shared value around the world.
Other Implementing Partners
- ADDA (Action for Sustainable Development in Africa)
- Aga Khan Foundation
- Alliance to Save Energy
- AMSS (Association Malienne pour la Survie au Sahel)
- ARD, inc. (Associates in Rural Development)
- Beta Construction Engineers
- Chemonics Egypt Consultants
- Christian Children's Fund
- CPTS (Centro de Promocion de Tecnologias Sostenibles)
- Development Workshop
- EJL Chimoio (Empreendimentos Hones Limitada)
- FACE Africa (Fund a Child’s Education)
- Family Health International
- Florida International University
- GFA Consulting Group
- Global Communities
- IRG (International Resources Group)
- John Bunnik
- Johns Hopkins University
- Millennium Water Alliance
- Mvula Trust
- Namibia Red Cross Society
- ONG Jiji
- Partners for Development
- PROMETA (Protección del Medio Ambiente Tarija)
- Research Triangle Institute
WADA values knowledge sharing and thought leadership to advance the water sector by addressing challenging topics such as water quality, good governance, sound science and information, financial and ecological sustainability, and social and gender equity. Through a series of convenings, published case studies, online eLearning courses, webinars, and other dissemination, WADA will share program successes and lessons learned with the broader community of practitioners.
Check out the blogs written by or about the WADA partnership.
If your organization would like to learn more about partnership or thought leadership opportunities with WADA, please contact us by sharing your information. Thank you for your interest in working together for a more water resilient future.