Feed the Future and Water for the World 2021 Photo Contest
A picture is worth a thousand words. Feed the Future and Water for the World are teaming up to host a photo contest to help tell our story. Share your photos with us to help bring to life the progress made in building a food- and water-secure future for all.
- High-resolution, high-quality photos that are at least 1024 pixels or larger (tall or wide) or around 300 pixels per inch. Please send us the highest resolution version of the photo you have (at least 1 MB). If you are using Photoshop, please send only level 7 or higher compressed photos.
- Accepted formats: high-quality JPG and JPEG Photos must each be an original submission (submitted by the photographer or with permission) and not previously submitted to a Feed the Future, Water for the World, or USAID photo contest.
- Photos must each include a credit: name of the photographer and organizational affiliation (if applicable) Photos must each include a unique, robust caption. This caption (two to five sentences at most) should include a description of what is going on in the photo, who is involved, where it was taken, and how it is a part of or relates to Feed the Future or Water for the World.
- Photos should “tell the story” of Feed the Future or Water for the World and their impact. Photos must be taken within the last three years.
- Photos must be in color (no black and white photos, please).
To submit a photo, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for Feed the Future-related photos and email@example.com for Water for the World-related photos. Please ensure your submissions contain all of the information required above and with photo(s) attached. Individuals may submit up to three photos. Submissions with a logo or time stamp visible on top of the photo will not be accepted.
Submissions are due by Friday, February 19, 2021.
Some examples of the types of photos we’re looking for (no photos of meetings, please!):
- Youth engagement
- Research and innovation, such as new and digital technologies, in action
- Private sector engagement and businesses (utilities included)
- Increased resilience
- Women’s empowerment
- Doing business differently
- Climate-smart development
Water for the World-specific themes:
- Safe drinking water
- Water resources management
- Water sector governance, finance, and institutions
- WASH in emergencies or humanitarian assistance
We’ll upload the photos to Flickr for everyone to view and announce winners on the Feed the Future and Water for the World blogs and social media platforms. We’ll notify you via email if your photo has won.
USAID and the U.S. Government interagency, on behalf of Feed the Future and Water for the World, have the right to reproduce your photo in any format, including print products, on the web, and in social media (including Feed the Future and Water for the World sites and platforms, USAID and/or other individual U.S. Government Feed the Future and Water for the World partner websites and platforms). Please make sure you read the disclaimer below for full details!
Disclaimer: By submitting a photograph to this competition you:
- Declare that you own the copyright of the photograph and it is your original work.
- Declare that you have permission to use the visual image of any identifiable individual or building in the photograph for entry into the competition and that the image may be published as stipulated in the photo contest rules.
- Agree that USAID and/or other individual U.S. Government (USG) Feed the Future and Water for the World partners who use the photo will not be responsible for the infringement of any third party rights in the photograph, moral or otherwise, that may arise as a result of your actions or omissions and that you indemnify USAID and/or other individual USG Feed the Future and Water for the World partners against all legal fees, claims, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of your breach of the contest rules.
- Grant reproduction rights for Feed the Future and Water for the World (under USAID and the interagency) use and in doing so agree that USAID and/or other individual USG Feed the Future and Water for the World partners can use your photograph for the purposes of the competition and also for future reproduction on websites and literature and other materials at USAID’s and/or other individual USG Feed the Future and Water for the World partners’ discretion (photographs will be credited where appropriate).