The USAID Center for Water Security, Sanitation, and Hygiene has a wide variety of global initiatives to increase the reliability and sustainability of water supply; improve hygiene and public health; and extend sanitation coverage and promote associated behavioral change. Managed from Washington, DC, these global initiatives combine the resources and technical expertise of both the public and private sectors to help deliver sustainable WASH solutions, at scale, in partner communities across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Middle East.
Learn more about USAID's new central WASH mechanisms, as of November 2021.
- Rural Evidence and Learning for Water (REAL WATER)
- Sustainable Water Partnership (SWP)
- Sustainable WASH Systems Learning Partnership (SWS)
- Water and Development Alliance (WADA)
- Water for Africa Through Leadership and Institutional Support (WALIS)
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Partnerships and Learning for Sustainability (WASHPaLS)
- Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Finance (WASH-FIN)
- Urban Resilience by Building Partnerships and Applying New evidence in WASH (URBAN WASH)