USAID - Twenty Seconds that Save Lives and Economies: Handwashing and Water in a Time of COVID-19
Without reliable access to water billions of people are unable to heed the advice of public health officials to wash their hands to prevent COVID-19 spread. You’re invited to join USAID for a Global Handwashing Day–themed event on October 14, Chaired by USAID Global Water Coordinator and Deputy Assistant Administrator Jennifer Mack.
The event will highlight the importance of handwashing, the challenges facing the water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) sector, and USAID’s WASH response to the pandemic.
- Acting USAID Administrator John Barsa
- Deputy USAID Administrator Bonnie Glick
- The Honorable Cecilia Abena Dapaah, Minister of Sanitation and Water Resources, Government of Ghana
- Catarina de Albuquerque, CEO of the Sanitation and Water for All Partnership
- Jennifer Sara, Global Director, World Bank Water Global Practice
- Dr. Jen Kates, Senior Vice President for Global Health, Kaiser Family Foundation
- Dain Hansen, Executive Vice President for Government Relations at the International Association of Plumbers and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO Group)
- Anu Rajaraman, Mission Director, USAID Guatemala
- Trigeany Linggoatmodjo, Environmental Specialist, USAID Indonesia
Register for the event here.