MH Day 2018: #NoMoreLimits – Empowering Women and Girls Through Good Menstrual Hygiene
Menstrual Hygiene Day (MH Day) brings together non-profits, government agencies, the private sector, the media, and individuals to promote Menstrual Hygiene Management (MHM). WASH United organized the first MH Day in 2014 to raise awareness of the challenges women and girls worldwide face due to their menstruation and highlights solutions that address these challenges, including through media work.
The promotional headline for MH Day 2018 is "#NoMoreLimits – Empowering Women and Girls Through Good Menstrual Hygiene." To learn more, visit http://menstrualhygieneday.org or follow MH Day on Twitter: @MHDay28May.
MHM is an important part of USAID's WASH-related activities. Please check out the links below for more stories and resources on USAID's MHM-related work.
- Taboo Subject in the Spotlight at Annual Water and Health Conference (Globalwaters.org blog, November 2017)
- A Clean Break, a Fresh Start (USAID/Indonesia on Exposure, August 2017)
- Where WASH Saves Lives: Creating New Traditions in Nepal (USAID Global Waters magazine, May 2017)
- Water Currents: Celebrating Menstrual Hygiene Day (USAID Water Currents newsletter, May 2017)
- Menstruation Matters: Celebrating Menstrual Hygiene Day (USAID Global Waters magazine, May 2017)
To view more resources on Globalwaters.org, visit the Menstrual Hygiene collection page: https://www.globalwaters.org/menstrual-hygiene.