Call to Action: Supporting Women Through Water
On Thursday, March 21, 2019, in honor of World Water Day, Global Water Challenge, the Aspen Institute, and partners are hosting a Call to Action focused on supporting women through water access. The event is being hosted in partnership with the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Agency for International Development at the George C. Marshall Center from 9:00 a.m.–2:15 p.m. and will explore the critical intersection between water and women's empowerment.
Together, we will raise awareness around empowering women through clean water access, highlight innovative programs, inspire connections to enhance ongoing work, and identify new opportunities for collaboration. Join us in conversation with leading government, corporate and civil society champions!
Space is limited, so please register now using the button below:
- Ambassador Marcia Bernicat – Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Chris Long – Founder of the Waterboys and 2018 NFL Walter Payton Man of the Year
- Laura Schulz – Acting Deputy Assistant Administrator, Bureau of Economic Growth, Education and Environment, USAID
- H.E. Dr. Arikana Chihombori-Quao – African Union Ambassador to the United States
- Ambassador Paula J. Dobriansky – Former Under Secretary of State for Global Affairs; Senior Fellow, "Future of Diplomacy Project," Harvard University JFK Belfer Center for Science & International Affairs
- Sherri Goodman – Senior Fellow, Environmental Change and Security Program, Global Women's Leadership Initiative, The Wilson Center
- Wanida Lewis, Ph.D. – Senior Economic Evaluation Program Analyst, Secretary's Office of Global Women's Issues, U.S. Department of State
View the agenda for Call to Action: Supporting Women through Water.