PIO Grant with UNICEF for WASH Programming for Piura Peru
Conduct Hygiene Promotion sessions for affected populations. Construct family latrines at transitional shelters. Conduct assessment of existing water systems and rehab water treatment systems.
1) Support rehabilitation of safe water system
2) Installation of temporary water systems
3) Improvement of latrines in TES
4) Community programs: solid waste management, community and personal hygiene, safe water management, control of community vectors, training in solid waste
The project seeks to aid the aftermath of the flood with/by:
1) Rehab of collection systems and chlorination of those systems
2) Training in sanitary education through home visits and focus groups, particularly addressed to women
3) Distribution of containers for storage and management of safe water.
4) Construction of community and/or family showers in the camps and areas of origin to provide a space for personal hygiene with sufficient privacy and sanitation.