The USAID Partnership for Advancing Community Based Services( PACS) Activity is designed to provide technical and operational support to the Government of Liberia’s Ministries of Health (MOH), Public Works (MPW), and Gender, Child and Social Protection, as well as civil society organizations (CSOs), to deliver high quality community health and social welfare services. The specific objectives of the activity are to:
- Build local capacity to implement and manage programs;
- Increase availability of sustainable and quality community based health services;
- Promote demand for and provision of community health and social (child) welfare services; and
- Improve safe water supply and sanitation at the community level.
This project is designed to:
- Support the MOH’s social mobilization efforts to build trust, and promote the utilization of essential services at health facilities and communities;
- Support MOH’s Community Health Services Division to restore resilient community health services;
- Build the capacity of indigenous CSOs to design, implement and manage quality community-based program;
- Work with the GOL to finalize and implement the revised community health policy that institutionalizes a community health worker program;
- Provide Technical Assistance at the county level to strengthen the community supply chain and information systems; and
- Integrate universal precautions/infection prevention and control in community health service delivery.