DRC | Sustainable Water and Sanitation Systems Activity (SWASSA)
USAID’s Sustainable Water and Sanitation Systems Activity (SWASSA) is a five-year, $32 million activity that aims to increase and sustain access to clean water and safe sanitation services for communities in the North and South Kivu provinces of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
The Activity will do this through:
- Objective 1: Robust research geared to informing potential investors, operators and authorities on best practices
- Objective 2: Improving the enabling environment for water and sanitation service delivery
- Objective 3: Proving the market potential of economically sustainable delivery of water and sanitation services
- USAID/DRC SWASSA supports drinking water management committees
- USAID/DRC SWASSA supports creation of website for water service providers
Find SWASSA project documents on the USAID Development Experience Clearinghouse.
Visit the DRC country page on GlobalWaters.org.